Downtown Austin area
6 mo+ contract
Medical benefits and holiday pay available!
We have partnered up with the City of Austin and we are recruiting for a Technical Writer, for this contract the Technical Writer will be helping develop user guides and quick references, very easy work $25hr. Opportunity to work for the City, ideally we are looking for someone to be available immediately for this contract. .
Technical Writer responsibilities:
- Develop, write and edit user manuals for equipment or software, system documentation, technical proposals, training manuals, or other technical materials
- Consult with subject matter experts to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Interview personnel and read journals and other materials to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Observe production and developmental activities and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods
- Organize material and completes writing assignments according to standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure and production sequence.
The experience we are looking for:
- 2 yrs technical writing experience
- Local to Austin
- Samples of your work
If this sounds like a great next step in your career please submit a detailed resume, have questions? Contact me directly, Suzie Jimenez 512.872.2199 or send me your LINKEDIN profile.