Technical Quality Manager ( Forestry/Pulp&Paper/Wood Products exp required)
Our client is seeking a Quality Technical Manager for their plant located near Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Develop Technical Management Team with plant management.
- Determine departmental project plans and implementation schedules.
- Oversee standard operating procedures (SOPs) for current and new equipment, hardware/software.
- Standardize SOPs across the location.
- Coordinate project activities with, operations, IT and engineering staff.
- Work with quality assurance/control teams on projects and guide development of continuous improvement systems in safety, quality, yield, value, cost and productivity performance.
- Ensure the standardization of process control and quality control platforms and performance metrics across the location.
- Coordinate the implementation of process optimization across the location.
- Ensure that process control applications, process optimization, process information management systems, and alarm databases.
- Must be a very capable leader, able to influence the organization, from the shop floor to the top floor.
- Work closely with engineering team members on project development and implementation.
- Provide support to engineers on schedule, scope, budget, design, planning, and coordination of projects.
- Coordinate with corporate and local personnel to optimize the use of resources and equipment.
- Evaluate new products, processes, and technologies.
- Participate in industry associations, such as APA and HPVA.
- Bachelor’s degree in wood products, industrial management or industrial engineering. Other academic backgrounds are acceptable with at least five years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in process engineering, quality management, continuous improvement, industrial engineering, or industrial management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable in various process control and automation systems including (DCS platforms, PLCs, SCADA, MES, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing processes, statistical quality engineering, inspection, auditing, calibration, data analysis techniques, and quality cost principles.
- Flexible work schedule inside and outside standard work week.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects to meet schedule/project requirements.
- Professional level competency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to advanced competency in Excel and Access.
- Intermediate to advanced competency in statistics (SPC).