The HT Group is partnering with a client in the Round Rock/ Pflugerville area who is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to track goods that are in transit. The Logistic Coordinator will be responsible for reloading and just-in-time transport from all over the US, Canada, Mexico, and the Atlantic Ocean. You will work closely with the Sales Coordinators and Project Managers in order to ensure on time deliveries occur. We are looking for candidates that have experience with International shipping and logistics.
Your primary responsibilities would include:
- Communicate internally and externally regarding orders and transportation needs
- Coordinate timely dispatches with domestics and overseas vendors
- Troubleshoot logistics related issues with logistics service providers, overseas vendors and customers
- Prepare Import/Export documentations for international shipments (Bill of Lading, Cargo Transfer, Outgoing/Incoming documents)
- Keep track of freight as it is crossing the Atlantic and once it arrives in the harbor
- Book transportation from the hub to the sites across US, Mexico, Canada
- Create orders, goods receipt, delivery, etc.
- Initiate timely invoicing and work closely with accounting department to ensure billing accuracy
- Monitor vendors and 3rd party logistics providers ahead to our customer’s compliance requirements
- Organize open order records and documentations, including filings and data entries
- Track and find goods that are lost in transit and report good that have been damaged
Qualifications: We’re in the market for a stellar candidate with a combination of the following skills, experience and background:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in International Logistics
- Quick learner, detail oriented with proven ability to work efficiently with high accuracy
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of import/export documentation and international shipping laws
- Proficiency in ERP systems as well as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong verbal/written communication skills are essential
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a HUGE plus
Our ideal candidate would possess the following characteristics:
- Action Oriented: Takes on tasks and assignments with energy, visibly works hard to meet deadlines; not fearful of acting with minimum planning
- Approachable: Is easy to approach and talk to, viewed as warm, pleasant, and gracious; builds rapport well; is a good listener.
- Interpersonal Skills & Customer Orientation: Relates well to others both internally and externally; establishes and maintains effective relationships with external parties and gains trust and respect.
- Follow Through & Multi-Tasking: Uses time effectively and efficiently, concentrates efforts on high priorities; able to manage multiple tasks in a timely manner with good communication to task owners; strong follow through on getting others to complete tasks in a team oriented manner.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems.
- Professional: Is viewed as professionally mature and can handle stress, is cool under pressure; avoids becoming defensive or annoyed when times are challenging
This is a Direct Hire position with a company that is growing their Austin- based team at a rapid rate. They provide training and mentoring and there is tons of room for growth and development. They have an amazing culture and offer great pay and EXCELLENT benefits.